The Job.com Back to Work Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
The following promotion is intended for participants in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not a legal resident of the United States.
Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below.
- ELIGIBILITY: The “Job.com Back to Work Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to registered Job.com members who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older. Void in Puerto Rico, by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Entrant must have Internet access in order to enter the Sweepstakes. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the e-mail address identified in the Entrant’s entry. Employees of Job.com, Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and members of the immediate family or household of each are not eligible to participate. Immediate family member is defined as a parent, sibling or any person residing in same household as employee.
- ENTRY: Sweepstakes begins on or about Wednesday, May 31 at 8:00:00 AM (EDT) and ends on or about Wednesday, June 27 at 8:00:00 AM (EDT) (“Promotion Period”). For entry, i) login to your free Job.com account, ii) visit the My Resume Page ( http://www.job.com/my.job/jslog/s=2/hL=9/us=6125/pre=35475001/x=2d8cd4f2-657e-49e1-b5e4-476ef16e61f8/?rt=/my.job/am/tb=3/jsOn=1); iii.) and post your valid resume to Job.com’s database. Offer valid only for new registrants who have not previously posted their resume to Job.com’s database. Limit one entry per person during the Promotion Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Only valid resumes, i.e., one that lists a user’s work experience, skills and educational background, will be eligible. Any registrant whose resume is removed or deleted from Job.com’s database will be deemed ineligible. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, stolen, postage due mail, or mutilated entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. Sponsor may reject any entry it believes is the result of fraud or were submitted in violation of the official rules.
- PRIZES/ODDS: There is one Prize in the form of an Apple iPad to be awarded in this Sweepstakes. ALL EXPENSES, TAXES AND COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF PRIZES NOT SET FORTH IN THESE RULES ARE THE OBLIGATION OF THE WINNER. Prizes are not transferable, except at discretion of Sponsor. Prizes are awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation. Total Approximate Retail Value of all Prizes is $499. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- DRAWING: A random drawing will take place on or about Wednesday, June 27, 2012, and the potential winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee by email, telephone, overnight carrier or regular mail within approximately ten (10) days of the drawing. If Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee is unable to contact the potential winner after reasonable effort, or if the potential winners fail to respond within three days of first attempted notification, prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
- GENERAL: The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, a W-9 Form, and, where legal, a Publicity Release, within ten (10) days of first attempted notification. In the event that any winner is under the age of 21, the winner’s parent or legal guardian will need to co-sign the Affidavit. In the event of noncompliance, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected, at Sponsor’s discretion. By entering, participants (a) agree to be bound by the official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (including but not limited to eligibility determinations) which are final and legally binding in all respects; (be) agree to release Sponsor, Facebook and each of their respective employees and agents from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or awarding, receipt, possession use and/or misuse of any prize awarded herein and acknowledge that Sponsor, Promoters and their employees and agents have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize including, but not limited to , its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose; and (c) consent to use of his/her name, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- INTERNET: If, for any reason, the Internet portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, whether due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion , to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination, random drawings to award the prizes will be conducted from entries received up until the time of termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ANY ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Receiving e-mail marketing: By submitting a complete entry, you may have made e-mail marketing preferences noted to Sponsor, and will receive e-mail in accordance with these preferences including offers. Upon receipt of any e-mail, you may opt out of receiving future e-mails, and you will remain eligible to win the prize.
- DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Virginia, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Virginia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with entering), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- PUBLICITY: By accepting a prize, you grant to Sponsor and its affiliated companies, the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), e-mail address, voice, biographical information and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Sponsor and its products or services, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any sue, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), email address, biographical information, or entry. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to submissions and all other submitted materials related to the Promotion, including those submitted by non-winners and winners.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name and state of residence of the winners, send a self addressed stamped envelope to “Job.com Back to Work Sweepstakes”, Winners List Request. PO Box 6210 Fredericksburg, VA 22406 by July 10, 2012.
- SPONSOR: The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Job.com, Inc., PO Box 6210 Fredericksburg, VA 22406.